Monday, September 26, 2011

Worship music comes in all genres.

I grew up in a church that sang hymns all of the time. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love hymns but I also love lots of other genres and sometimes it's nice to change things up.  I have heard people complain about the Christian songs that are not traditional, that might have screaming or rapping or drums.  I do think a lot more people are not as harsh towards it but still have a difficult time changing things. I'm not in love with some types of music...but I love the fact that people can have music they like with a different and positive message. I love that people can enjoy worshiping in a way that enables them to express their uniquness with God.  Because everyone is different, we are all unique, and our worship is no different...I'd imagine that God enjoys it when we are happy while praising Him. :) And who can complain about something that helps reach out to those that might have never come to God otherwise??!

 The other day there were these two kids riding with me. The one boy had asked to listen to Lecrae and Trip Lee (Both Christian Hip-Hop artists). The other kid was angry, he wanted to listen to REAL rap. It was so neat to hear the comment from the first boy who I thought might have backed down from the topic... but like many other times, I was humbled by his answer. He told the other boy that it was real, that it was good and he liked it, and that the only difference was that this guy rapped about God. We rode the rest of the way with Lecrae blaring. Both boys listening. I'm not sure if the one that wanted to hear the "real" stuff was content with this more positive version, but I know that it made him think and it at least introduced him to a better alternative.



Here's some Lecrae that I love!!






AND here is His story. It's long but it's so good! Just click on the link and watch it!! :)

Home - I Am Second

No comments:

Post a Comment