Sunday, September 25, 2011

products with heart: Toms.

I really love to find products that help others with your purchase.
Now, I do not believe that this excuses excessive shopping...because we all know how much we really don't need that 500th shirt to add to our already full closet... but if you're already going to buy a shirt or pair of shoes you might as well get it from a place that provides the workers with a safe and fair environment, that gives back to the community, that helps sustain programs, empowers the makers, and helps struggling communities/people grow. And you know, even if this is some way to boost sales or to "fit in",  it's cool to think of our market place promoting giving to others and thinking of new ways to do that.  Soooo, I have found several companies I like and I'll share them here every once in awhile.

  The first one is Toms!
 Here's the Website --Toms
 
I was first introduced to Toms a few years ago when no one had heard about them. Today, I'm pretty sure I see them on the feet of over half of my friends. So as I'm sure you know...Toms gives Shoes (and now other things like glasses) to people around the world that don't have them. A pair for a pair. You buy a pair of Toms and your purchase helps buy a pair for someone that probably needs them more. When I went to Haiti I found a little boy (the one on the left) with baby Toms on!! How cool is that?!  I love my Toms and definitely recommend a pair!





No comments:

Post a Comment