It's starting to get cold again in Kentucky. Not my favorite time of year but I do love one thing that can be brought out of my closet when I start to see my own breath in the air...my Hats!! I have yet to get anything from this company but I had to post about it after seeing a commercial on TV last week that featured what it was doing. These guys learned how to crochet in high school and eventually ended up in Uganda together teaching that skill to people there. It provides these people with a job which in turn allows them to provide their families with education, health, food, etc. I love that this is not a hand out but a hand up It's a project that gives the people working at it ownership, it is sustainable, and best of all it's mission is rooted in the love modeled from Jesus:) Neat idea right? and it started with just a couple of boys!
Here's the website--->krochet kids

No comments:
Post a Comment