Monday, October 10, 2011

Things to work on....be healthier

Alright, so I have lots of stuff I need to work on with myself so here's to the beginning...here's to my account of working on them. Enjoy. It's never to late to learn something or try something or to do something different!!


1. Lose weight, exercise, eat healthier (be healthier)
- This has been on my resolution list for about 15 years, no kidding. I do admit that my past failed attempts are quite embarrassing... but once again I'm going to try at it again!!! This is how it usually goes for me. Day 1.  I get super excited and motivated, set a crazy goal of losing an unhealthy amount of weight in an unhealthy amount of time, cut out all food I love, and plan on exercising 5 hours a day every day. Day 2. I begin...after the last cookie from the cookie jar of course....I work out and am pumped. Day 3. I am tired, I continue working out but it's with no enthusiasm. Day 4...I think I'll take a rest...maybe I can have some ice cream, I just ran a mile so that will make up for it. Day 5. uggh. I have to work later, I'm tired... How bout I start this again later??! I never see any results anyway!!!



....haha. okay, so that's kinda how it goes. Sometimes I make it for a few weeks, sometimes even a couple of months. But somewhere I fall off the track and get back into my bad habits then feel guilty and disappointed in myself for failing...again. You'd think after all these failed attempts I'd learn something, but I never did. I would just switch up the diet or the time frame. dumb.

Anyway, instead of continuing to beat myself up about it I'll start over....again. and how you ask?!  This time I'm going to try and make my goal more realistic. maybe just lose 5 pounds in a couple of months first. Maybe just increase my workout time to one more day or 30 more minutes. Maybe just buy all fresh, non-processed things. Maybe I can just have a goal of feeling better and forget about the number on the scale and on my pants. It's going to take dedication and hard work...it will not be easy and happen automatically (which I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself). It really is all in my mind, it's a test of will power and determination and continuing through the hard times...ha...sounds like I'm about to go fight in some war or something... I guess it's easy really. I choose to do it every day or I choose not to. There are no excuses.
I will not give up and I really don't want this to be on my resolution list for 15 more years!!! I don't want to stop when I'm tired. I want to stop when I'm done.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment