Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Denial

Luke 9:23---"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

There are so many things about this verse that are powerful to me and I don't want to forget...which is why I'm writing about it.
- This whole "Christian thing" can't be about just saying you're a Christian. Following Jesus is simple, but not easy.  DENY himself and take up his cross DAILY. Now I don't know about you, but to me that sounds like it might take some work and effort...especially since we're in a society that promotes self, comfort and taking the easy way. I definitely struggle with this sometimes.

Think of what you think about, what do you do with your time? Is any of that getting in the way of God? Is any of that getting in the way of the person you are meant to be? Are you happy with the way things are in your life? I know that I don't think of those questions enough in my life. I get so comfortable with how things are and definitely don't deny myself of things that might take time away from God. I need to deny my plans and make them His. I also need to remember that this is a daily thing...that I need to make the decision every day to follow Jesus.

Whats your God from Jamice Ivie on Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment