There is no passion to be found playing small in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. - Nelson Mandela-
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
- Eleanor Roosevelt-
If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time.
-Marian Wright Edelman-
Poverty won't allow him to lift up his head; dignity won't allow him to bow it down."
- Madagasy Proverb-
I have only one request/ I do not ask for money/ Although I have need of it,/I do not ask for meat.../I have only one request,/ All I ask is/ That you remove/the roadblock/From my path.
- Song of An African Woman
When I despair, I remember that all through history, the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a long time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it---always"
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
MLK Jr
Go to the people:
live with them, learn from them
love them
start with what they know
build with what they have.
But of the best leaders,
when the job is done,
the task accomplished,
the people will say:
"We have done it ourselves"
- Lao Tzu-
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31: 8-9
love never fails
“You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.” Paulo Cohelo
A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mohandas Gandhi
No comments:
Post a Comment