I have less than 200 hours of clinicals left before I finally graduate! These hours will be spent in the emergency room and I've already been a few times. I'll probably write some more about it because there are so many stories everyday! It's super intense, fast, tons of things to remember, and has a wide variety of patients and conditions. I definitely NEVER thought I would try something like this, but part of life is about taking risks and challenging yourself right? ha. I don't know why I always feel like I have to sign up or try the things that scare me. It's funny because before I signed up for it a few months ago, I mayyyyybe thought about going there twice and laughed to myself for even having the thought. I felt so inadequate to work in a place like the ER especially one at a top trauma center, yet for some reason the day we had to choose my hand floated to the empty line next to ER...and here I am. Crazy how my life changes and goes in different directions. Delicious ambiguity:) I still feel inadequate in many ways and have SOOOO much to learn but I'm just happy that I get this awesome opportunity and hopefully by the end I will come away with really useful skills and more confidence to be a nurse on my own!!
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.
—Psalm 118:6-9
SOOO proud of you!! GO AMANDA!!
ReplyDelete