In the past.. ohhh i'd say year or so I've been getting a lot of ...so you're still single?? kind of questions. Friends ask why, family asks when?. I love the ones that say something about expecting little ones from me by now or the ones that tell me to just settle for the guy that's not reallly for me...(insert face from picture to the left*) Thank goodness I have some awesome parents that defend me--> "she's focusing on studies right now". Haha. Now, although these comments can get a little annoying to answer all the time and not to mention embarrassing, I guesssss I don't blame them for wondering. ha. I mean I'm 23 and one of my side jobs is as a third wheel...just kiddin;) a lot of people my age here are getting married or are almost there, so it's normal to wonder.(NOT that I am talking about marriage in this blog...just a good guy)...It's not like I haven't thought of those ever daunting when and why questions and yes I do get upset about it sometimes but I am not in any rush. It'll happen when it happens. But yeah, there have been times when I feel like giving up or just settling...like there's something wrong with me and I'm expecting too much. AND then i laugh at myself for those silly thoughts.;) However, I have recently come to the conclusion and accepted that a big part of it is me. (not that they don't have any fault...ie. players,jerks,partiers,ill tempered,only want one thing kinda guys) I've been so afraid that whoever HE is will stop me from pursuing my dream. I can accept being single while doing something I love rather than being with someone that makes me regret, brings me down or that doesn't encourage me to live up to my full potential. I think that #1 God has this thing in his hands and to not worry AT ALL #2 that whoever it is will go together with my dream and what is meant for my life:) #3 that everyone has imperfections...including me...and to lighten up a little on the next one ;) and #4 even through all the duds/mister wrongs (and there have been way too many) I still believe in love and in mister right for me(not mister perfect) ha. Everything happens for a reason and this is no different. I would not be the person I am today without what I've gone through, whatever it may be...I also believe that nothing will work without God as the center so until I meet someone that believes that as well or is willing to work with that...with me. I will remain single and happy.
oh and I almost forgot!! I found the cutest letter some dude wrote to single ladies...it sums up what I want and how I think sometimes. http://datingadvicefromagirl.com/a-letter-for-every-single-christian-woman-who-just-wants-to-find-mr-right_1095/
I love YOU. Amanda.. you have it all under control, or God does. :) You know exactly what you want and so does God. I love that you are pursuing your dreams and not letting a man get in the way. You have a big heart and alot to give. This post is just totally your heart, and it made me smile. You don't need to rush & like your parents I support you finding the right guy when God is ready to introduce you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteAmen... Amanda! I admire your attitude and know God will give you a good Godly one in His perfect time :)
ReplyDelete