Friday, January 27, 2012

Movies I like in Spanish!

 
Here are a few movies that I think are great, whether you know English or Spanish and especially if you're trying to learn!



Sin Nombre is a movie about a girl immigrating from Honduras to the US. The girl meets a boy running from a gang. This shows her journey as well as gives you a picture of what some kids are exposed to in gangs.




 Directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Tells the story of a little girl who escapes into an eerie fantasy world.
 This is about a girl who uses her own body to transport drugs from Colombia to the U.S. It's even crazier because this kind of stuff really does happen.
 Based in El Salvador, the movie focuses in on a young boy who is caught in a war that uses children as soldiers. Another true story...happening even today with children.
 Love the music in this movie! This movie dramatizes the road trip Che Guevara took when he was younger. I  love the fact that they travel all around South America on a bike...makes me want to travel. I also really love the end when they visit a leper community!
 We had to watch this in Spanish class...learning about how the writer incorporated the use of food for symbolism or something. It is a little strange but an interesting love story.
Another Guillermo del Toro film! This is a scary one...about a woman who tries to find her missing kid. Crazy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment