Monday, July 25, 2011

The Help

Just finished The Help and I loved it. Pretty quick read with a great story. It takes place in Mississippi during the civil rights movement. It's centered around the black women that work for white families as their maids. It's really crazy to see the way people were...and still are being treated for silly things like the color of skin...I recommend reading it and afterward you can join me for the movie!!! I'm also going to go to the Freedom center in Cincinnati to learn more about our nation's race issues, the underground railroad, slavery and civil rights! (which you're also welcome to!)

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading the book now!! And I went to the Freedom Center in that one class at UK. :)

    ReplyDelete