Thursday, May 26, 2011
The 23rd Psalm
The Dancer from Kensington on Vimeo.
I've heard this Psalm tons of times, especially when I think of death and funerals...they always seem to read this. I've never really taken the time to look at the Psalm apart from those times until recently I suppose. I guess I didn't realize how beautiful the words were and how much they pertain to not only the hope we have in death but the comfort we find in life through Jesus.
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. ----> all this junk we think we need...we lack nothing!! :)
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, -------> sometimes my life is so chaotic and noisy...I love this
he refreshes my soul. ----> nothing like a good soul refreshin' on a bad day
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake. -----> I 'm always so worried about my future...am I making the right decisions?? BUT how silly is that when He guides me!
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; ------> life can be scary, tough, sad, evil, lonely...but He is with me...no worries
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.-------> sigh!
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies. ----> those enemies got nothin' on me...I will always have a seat at God's table :)
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. ------ I am a chosen child of God....how cool is that?!
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life, ------ALL the days of my life :) Love that
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.-----FOREVER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment